Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday

TGIF!

School is going good. I am ALMOST finished with the media guide. For those of you who do not know, this is a 150+ page 'football program' that i develop and design as a 'side job'. I have been doing the media guide for my school for the past 4 years. It does get easier each year, however, this last week before printing, is always the hardest. Today I did not even get up from my computer desk and didn’t go to lunch :(!

School also started back at Georgia Southern this week, 3 more classes, 12 more hours, one semester closer to graduation.

On other notes, Ryleigh is still using her big girl potty!!!! She will go, and then gets up and does the "tee tee dance" and runs to get an M&M from our bathroom. This is where her potty is suppose to be, but it has migrated into the den. No, I do not like the potty in the den, but if it helps her remember to go, then so be it!

We also converted her toddler bed to a full size bed tonight. She was sooo excited. She got to help her daddy take the toddler bed down and put the full size up. She also went to sleep in her bed ALL BY HER SELF TONIGHT. Yes we did do the CIO(Cry it out) method. But it did not take her long. We used this method when we transitioned her from being 'held' to sleep to putting herself to sleep. To some it may seem harsh. To some if you hear her at the right moment, you would think we were torturing our child. However, after about 2 days (sometimes these first two can be extremely long nights) the baby is out like a light in no time. Hopefully this will work for us again. It was a life saver when we did it a little over a year ago.

Momma is coming down to see us tomorrow to celebrate my birthday. I am still worried about turning 28. That it just scaring the S**T out of me J I mean that is way too close to 30. We have also been getting updates on our 10 year reunion (THANKS IDA). This is also another topic that has been weighing on my mind a lot lately. Can it really be that long? It’s both bittersweet and worrisome in the same note. So much has changed in the past 10 years. And who would have thought during our senior year of high school we would now be ‘bloggin’ about our life for all to read. We were just concerned with getting out of high school and starting college. GROWING UP! Now it’s almost like some days I wish I could go back. On the other hand, I would not give up anything in my life at this moment. (well maybe some of the bills).

However, one thing remains the same. Those absolutely necessary constants in my life! Yes they may be few and far between. But they are there nonetheless. You know who you are… Love you! I also have the feeling they are having some of the very similar thoughts that I am.

Well its getting late. I have so many other things I need to be doing.
1.) Sleeping
2.) Media Guide
3.) My Georgia Southern class work.
4.) Spending time with my hubby.
Maybe I will go do one of the above. Just don’t know yet which.

OH yes, one more thing I need to do a “shout out” to Alli. She has almost reached her September goal with her low carb! YEA ALLI!!!!

3 comments:

Stephanie Rider said...

How right you are about those thoughts!

Congrats on the big girl bed. Isn't the whole bedtime thing one of the most challenging issues? I've taught Logan to go to sleep on his own (after learning from my mistakes with Austin) but he's still getting up at night. The teething is letting up a bit but still none in sight. I know once I night wean him all will get better (easier said than done when you're exhausted :)).

Holly said...

The CIO is the best method! We used it with Gehrig when he went from his bassinet in our room to the crib in his own room. It took about a week, and each night the crying was shorter and shorter. That's how we got him sleeping through the night at 2.5 months. He's always been able to put himself to sleep, THANK GOD!

And yes, we're getting OLD!!!

Ida B. Goddard said...

as my grandmother says, "I'm not getting older, I'm just a recycled teenager!" I think that may apply to "older" folks, but you can use it here if you like! can't wait to see y'all! happy b-day tomorrow!