Monday, July 28, 2008

18 months

Wow, how fast it goes by. We went for our 18 month check up today. For those who do not know, this includes 4 shots. Also for those who do not know, I DO NOT LIKE NEEDLES! Well Miss Ryleigh did wonderful. She had her bandaids off and playing again before the nurse even left the room. Her check up went good. We now weigh 22.6 pounds and are 34 1/4 inches tall. She has grown 2 1/2 inches since May (at her 15 month check up). Her head is still 50 percentile (as it has been since she was born). Her weight is 35%, that has dropped from 45% when she was born but the doctor is a-okay with it because she is still following 'her curve'. Back at her 15 mth check up she said she expected her to be between 30-35%. She said I am sure she is 'too busy' to eat right now. I asked if she had cameras located in our house..... She said dont worry about her, let her snack all day and she will be just fine. Her height has now gone OFF THE CHARTS at over 100%. This means if there are 100 18 months olds in a room, Ryleigh would be taller than all of them. We have always been 95-98, however this is the first time we are off the chart! I am now calling her amazon woman and telling her she is almost as long as a yard stick. She finds this quite funny. I however am wondering how we are ever going to find pants/tights this fall and winter. I have a feeling we will be investing in a good tailor. Her waist is so tiny and her legs so long, I doubt any pants are going to fit her! (wow I wish I had that problem). We have no more shots until we are 4. I am sure that day will come before we know it. It is passing way to fast!

Our friends Steven and Melinda are 4 wks from their due date and are moving this week. I laid in bed last night and realized I had Ryleigh at 36.5 wks and Melinda is MOVING! (God help her!) Well the point of all that is, it seems just like yesterday. Every day we wake up to a smiling face, sometimes that smiling face is still in her bed, sometimes in ours, however, we realize how blessed we are.

Well thats all for the blog for now. We are going to play and go for a walk around the block.

1 comment:

Stephanie Rider said...

Austin is in the 29th percentile for weight so we too have issues with clothes. Thank goodness for adjustable waistband pants! Last year he was about average height and I bought some jeans at Children's Place (prices are comparable to Wranglers at Wal-Mart if you use the coupons and go when they have a sale)and they were super long on him and I had to take them back. So you might want to try going there for Ryleigh pants. I do have to warn you though that all of their stuff is not adjustable waistband. I've found I like the Genuine Kids brand at Target for Austin but he checked out on the short side this year so we'll see what I can find. He's been wearing his 2T shorts from last summer and even one pair of 18-24 mo from Gymboree because their stuff runs really big.

Time does fly by. It's been so amazing to me the changes that Austin has gone through in the last 2 months as his language skills have improved. Take time to enjoy every moment!