Sunday, January 25, 2009

Ryleigh's 2nd Birthday Party

Wow! What an adventure! I think it is going to take us a week to recover. When it comes to our daughter, no one can argue how truly blessed we are by having such good and close family and friends. Family and friends who shower our precious child as their very own!


Ryleigh wanted a Mickey Mouse (aka MOUSE) party. Her cake was a Mickey Mouse cake that was absolutely delicious, even though its not what we ordered. A little of a touchy subject…. But it all turned out well.


Allison helped make some of the food and the WONDERFUL Rice Krispie Treats. She even did Mickey Mouse with dipped ears! Thanks a lot Alli. I will give you the credit even if Ryleigh gives it all to Eric! :)

My mom came down Friday night to help us prepare! Thank goodness!

Our menu consisted of: Chicken Salad Croissants, Grill Cheese Sandwiches (for the kidos), Chili, Chips and dip, Cheese Its (I will post recipe because I know several people want it), Rice Krispies and CAKE!

Ryleigh’s actual birthday is not until the 30th. (I will post that day as an update) so this post is strictly party. All Ryleigh has talked about since before Christmas is a bike. If we see someone on the road or in the neighborhood riding a bike, we hear about it forever. “I want bike.” Well we ‘took a test ride’ at toys r us at Christmas and decided to wait because she just wasn’t ‘big’ enough. I knew she was getting a helmet from someone but did not think it was ‘time’ yet. Well she has had a fit (well not really a fit but went a little crazy) each time we go to walmart and go by the bikes. So we decided at the last minute to get her a tricycle.

After a very long day yesterday and a very long late nap, when she finally woke up she was cuddling with her daddy and said “momma, hehe I got a bike”. That was enough for me to know we did the right thing! J

Well enjoy the photos, More later in the week!



Cheese It Recipe

½ cup of oil

1 T Dill

1 t garlic powder

1 t celery salt

1 pk of ranch dressing mix

Mix all ingredients in a gallon baggie. Add 1 box of cheese its. Shake well, put in fridge for 3 hours. Serve. I think the fridge just helps set the oil. You know it has to be easy for me to make it :)

1 comment:

The Brooks Family said...

I really can't believe that she is already 2. It seems like you were just pregnant the other day =) Time flies when you're having fun. This was such a cute party for SUCH A CUTE LITTLE GIRL!!! Take care!