Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekend of Adventure

So normally on the weekends... we do one of two things.... 1) we do nothing or 2) we go, we do, we don’t stop! This weekend was the latter of the two :)



This photo is for JB... he says I am always on my phone.....

Friday night we stayed at home because we knew what Saturday and Sunday was going to bring! Saturday we got up and laid in our PJs for most of the morning. Then we got up, got ready and went to the block party at our church. What fun!

Ryleigh had cotton candy and popcorn….. two of her faves (yes I know she shouldn’t have popcorn, but this is something she discovered at a TCS ball game. Now loves the stuff… so I choose my battles and just watch her carefully).




She also played the duck game (the one where you pick a duck and get a prize). CANDY.. YEA!:)

Then her and her daddy decorated a cookie. YUMMY. She did not understand why she only got 1. I am fairly certain they would have let her do another but we would not.


Then we went home for a quick nap to go to yet another fall festival. The second time we went to Poplar Springs North. This is the church that Mr. Robert is a pastor at and where McKayla (our friend from Glenda’s) dad is the youth pastor, where Glenda and Pa (our babysitters) and The Mathews (a friend from the VA) all attend. She had lot of fun there. We (Ryleigh and I) went down the blow up slide one time and didn’t like it too much; I think there is a {very bad} photo of that floating around somewhere. We also found a ‘booth’ where you throw bean bags and get NERDS! This might be the best thing since sliced bread… or in the World of Ryleigh...The Wiggles. JB kept trying to get her off the NERDS by hiding them. Well she would just take off through the pasture and get anther box. After the third time, I told the very nice man running the booth to please not give her anymore!

After the fall festival, we were invited over to the Mathews to watch the UFC fight. JB normally goes by himself as it is always a late night and we (both Ryleigh and I) are normally in bed before he returns. Well we decided to go with him. Ryleigh and Carter played a little bit. Carter builds a fort, Ryleigh tore it down, Carter built a wall, Ryleigh tore it down; do you see a pattern? The funniest things was watching Carter, who is about 6mths older than Ryleigh, try to explain his frustration. “That thing is tearing up my wall”!!!!

Today we woke up late (after arriving home after midnight) and missed church. We planned on going to Kackleberry Farms with the Overstreet’s. Boy did the girls have fun. They had jumping pillows, pig races, donkeys, goats, sheep, a cow train, a Corn “sand” box, corn cannon and lots more I am sure I am forgetting.

















Well off to prepare for tomorrow, it begins my first day of my last week at Trinity. Definitely a bittersweet moment. I think its going to be a difficult week as I really love the students (and some of the faculty… hahhahahah) there. I had several parents want to know this weekend about the rumor they had heard. Although sad, I am really excited about starting this new chapter in my life! I am sure it will be full of adventures…..(be nice Allison and Sherry)!

I’ll post some Halloween Pics later in the week!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

SOOO cute!! It looks like y'all had a blast!! We did the pumpkin patch this weekend too! Why didn't they have such cool stuff when we were kids? Ryleigh is precious!! Good luck this week and next!