Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wow This month is flying by!

Well it seems we just stay busy and have absolutely no time to do anything... including blog. Last week (May 12-16) JB was in Texas for work. And if you know me at all... you know I do not stay by myself.... dogs and 15mth olds do not constitute people in that scenario. So... Alli J saves the Day! :) or i guess week.
Allison came and stayed with Ryleigh, Brinkley, Chloe and me for the week. She lived in the extra bedroom. (and her Mommy made me(us) breakfast every morning for our diet) We had lots of fun and I slept every night -- as opposed to if she wouldn’t have been here. Then we left on Friday and went to Covington to go pick JB up from the airport. We stayed in Covington for the weekend because we had Blake's Great Strides Walk for cystic fibrosis at Georgia Tech on Saturday. They said there were about 900 walkers there. Our team did a fantastic job and raised between 15,000-16,000 dollars (I think this number is right, someone correct me if I am wrong!) GO BLAKES BUDDIES! We had a lot of fun seeing some old friends, who we do not see enough of. Sunday we decided when we woke up to come on home since JB had been gone for a whole week and was ready to sit in his own couch!

Monday I started my first online classes for my graduate degree at Georgia Southern. So far... So good... Do I sound smarter already... yea right.... I am taking 3 classes right now (Education Research, Children’s Literature and Instructional Design). I am planning on being finished with the degree in December of 2009. :)

We have also gone swimming several times this week. Ryleigh enjoyed playing outside in the water hose on Sunday also as JB was bathing the dogs. She also loves her picnic table outside and wants to eat every time we go out. This is a very good situation in contrast to our problem of not eating just a few weeks ago.

Ryleigh is almost finished with our antibiotic. But we think she is starting to pull on her ear again. (No not due to swimming, we don’t get water in our ears.... I know someone is thinking it....) So we may make a trip to the doctor again before long. More on that when/if it happens.

I only have 2 more 'real' days of school left with students, then 3 work days next week. We have been counting down the days for months and can’t wait for them to be up! My plans for the summer include schoolwork, playing with Ryleigh, sleeping late and lying out. (not necessarily in that order). haha.


Well hope you enjoy the few pics I am going to post. I will try to update more soon!






2 comments:

The Partins said...

Good luck with school! I see Little Miss R is already enjoying some summer activities? I can't wait to get J in a swimsuit...should be interesting with all of her rolls. haha.

Ida B. Goddard said...

Y'all are busier than we are!! It's kinda sad though, cause our babies grow up so much faster when we're so busy, ya know! Looks like y'all are having a blast though! Good luck with your online classes!