Sunday, December 14, 2008

Disney On Ice

MICKEY MOUSE

Wow! The excitement! The squeals! The laughter!


We can NOT wait until Thanksgiving next year where we get to experience the real thing

(we go to Disney next year for the week of Thanksgiving)


I was very hesitant in getting us tickets because I was unsure how Ryleigh would react to watching a performance. I did not want her to be ill and disrupt everyone else around her. I finally decided to bite the bullet. I thought she would enjoy it and we were going to give it a shot.

When researching tickets I found the had what was called “VIP” seats. Didn’t really know what “VIP” meant but hey it was 10 dollars more, might as well get those right? All I could tell from the ticket seating chart, was the VIP were ‘center court’ and first two rows.


The day finally came. We have been talking about it off and on for a few months. Really talking it up big the last week or so. My heart would be broken if she didn’t enjoy it or even worse, was scared of Mickey! We got ready, we went to Macon – first with a pit stop at the hospital to see a friend who had a baby – and we were finally at the Centerplex. (or I think that is what it is called).


We get in and through the field of sells booths. Finally to the actual arena for lack of a better word. I see rows of seats, on the ice…. Actually on the ice. I look at JB and say I think those are our seats. He said no way. Well we talked to one of the people who points you to your seats and he pointed us that way! Ryleigh was getting more excited by the minute. Mickey was everywhere. She even pointed out “rella” as we were coming in. I didn’t even know she knew who Cinda’rella’ was. Chance would have it we ran in to some friends coming in, Ryleigh’s babysitters daughter who is in kindergarten, Big RyLeigh. She ended up sitting five seats down from us.


Even with our seats on the ice, which one of the workers told us was 14 degrees, it wasn’t too cold. I brought our coats and gloves and had Ryleigh in tights and pants, but never got cold. I guess the padding they had on top really worked!


We could not have had a better view. Everything happened right in front of us. I determined when we got there, I was really glad I spent the extra 10 to get the VIP seats. Ryleigh did wonderful during the show, only getting upset for about 5 mins right after intermission when she had to sit back down, but then Mickey came back out and all she could say was ‘mo’ ‘mo’ ‘mo’.

Here are a few pics. We have a few more on my camera. We will get those off tonight!


Ryleigh and I in our seats

The VERY IMPORTANT light wand, it has "Rella" on top.

The center stage.


Ryleigh and Big Ryleigh


Pluto


Alice

The Monkey and their "hineys". Ryleigh thought it was hilarious that they had hineys!
Mickey and Minnie - Ryleigh has now started to differentiate between the two, they are now Minnie and Mickey, not just Mouse.

Ryleigh - happy at the show!

3 comments:

Stephanie Rider said...

Looks like y'all had a great time! It looks like it was an awesome experience. I've tried to take Austin to the movies but he never makes it through so we haven't even tried something like this yet. Maybe when we go to Sea World!

The Brooks Family said...

I'm so glad y'all had a good time. That looks like lots of fun! We took Logan to Sesame Street live when he was 3 and he LOVED it! We had good seats there, by chance also, and his eyes were glued to those characters! It's so much fun when they are old enough to enjoy these activities. We go to the movies ALL THE TIME too. Logan will sit through ANY animated movie and has been since he was 3. Give that boy some popcorn and a big screen and he's in Heaven!
Glad Ryleigh had such a great time. She is so cute!

Nicole Roberts said...

Wow! You were right there!! How cool. :) Glad you had a good time!!